If you’re going to be using VBA or recording macros in Excel then you’re probably going to want to add the Developer tab to your Ribbon. By default Excel’s Developer tab is hidden and you will need to go into the options to enable it. The Developer tab will allow easy access to various features not otherwise accessible.
- Open the visual basic editor (VBE) from the ribbon.
- Record macros.
- Run your recorded macros.
- Add in form controls such as combo boxes, check boxes, radio buttons etc…
- Manage your Excel Add-Ins.
Enable the Developer tab.
- Go to the File tab.
- Click on Options.
- In the Excel Options window, click the Customize Ribbon section.
- Make sure Developer is checked.
- Press the OK button.
Your ribbon now has the Developer tab and you can access various VBA related items easily from the ribbon.