This function will conditionally sum up numbers in a range based on given criteria.
SUMIFS(Sum Range, Range 1, Criteria 1, Range 2, Criteria 2,…)
- Sum Range (required) – This is the range of numbers to sum.
- Range 1 (required) – This is the range to which the first criteria is applied.
- Criteria 1 (required) – This is the criteria Range 1 has to satisfy to be included in the sum.
- Range 2, Range 3,… (optional) – These are more criteria ranges that can be used.
- Criteria 2, Criteria 3,… (optional) – These are more criteria to which the associated range has to satisfy to be included in the sum.
In this example we sum up salaries based on the company and job. Note that the salaries are only summed when both criteria are met at the same time and not when one criteria is met and the other is not.